Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Water Tips | Fire Tips | Biohazard Tips | Mold Tips
A Few Tips and Tricks
Any water damage that you may experience on your Hendersonville, NC property is going to be a headache. Water damage often leads to secondary damage if left for too long, and causes mold growth on your property in as little as 48 hours. While you may not know where to start, after any water damage situation your primary focus should be safety first! Once you and others on your property are sure you are safe, you can give our SERVPRO team a call.
If you have any questions, please give our team a call anytime.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (828) 692-3337
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.